• 精华:1099帖
  • 求助:0帖
  • 帖子:14392帖 | 54470回
  • 年度积分:0
  • 历史总积分:622
  • 注册:2008年9月08日
发表于:2002-11-04 09:20:00
楼主
We are finalizing our DeviceNet interface and are trying to create an EDS for our product. Is there a program that can create the EDS by filling in the blanks? Answered by Ray Romito, DeviceNet Trainer, e-mail: A169)There is no tool that I know of. The DeviceNet Specifications (Volume 2, Chapter 4) outlines what sections are needed. I usually tell developers to browse the ODVA Web Site or our own DeviceNetManager tool and find a file that seems close, copy it and make your product specific edits. I am implementing a DeviceNet slave for an ultrasonic sensor, which will require 30 plus configuration parameters. With this sensor, I plan on supplying an "EDS" file. Does the user of the sensor normally maintain a configuration file derived from the ESD for each differently configured sensor? Answered by Gil Jones, System Architecture SIG Member, e-mail: A170) Well - maybe. The manufacturer should supply an EDS file for each unique style of product. However, assuming you are talking about a case where a customer has obtained several nodes of the same product - and then applied local customization layered on top of the factory defaults - then the answer is more complex. Specifically, that is a configuration tool issue and not an EDS file issue. Different tool vendors have implemented "solutions" to this issue in different ways. Could you please explain, the ESD field CfgAssembly in more detail? I do not have a clue to what I should put in this field. Answered by Gil Jones, System Architecture SIG Member, e-mail: A171) Most vendors who have implemented a configuration assembly within their product have an implementation similar to the following: An "assembly" internal to the node internal to the node groups significant configuration information within a single block of compact data. Then by a single access to the configuration assembly, all of the normal configuration data can be read or written. The definition of what is contained within a configuration assembly is strictly vendor specific and usually very device specific. If you are not going to implement a configuration assembly - use a zero.

热门招聘
相关主题

官方公众号

智造工程师